mardi, juillet 24, 2007

You've got mail quotes

parce que je viens de regarder la bande annonce et qu'il y a pleins de phrases memorables dans ce film genial

George Pappas: For me the Internet is just yet another way of being rejected by women.


Joe Fox: The Godfather answers all of life's questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Schuyler Fox: Your father is getting married.
Joe Fox: Really?
Nelson Fox: Yes.
Joe Fox: Congratulations.
Nelson Fox: Thank you.
Joe Fox: Why?
Nelson Fox: Who knows?
Joe Fox: Love?
Nelson Fox: Possible.

Joe Fox: Kevin this is possibley the most adorable creature I've ever been in contact with and if she turns out to be as good looking as a mailbox, I would be crazy enough to turn my life upside down and marry her.


Kathleen Kelly: I love daisies.
Joe Fox: You told me.
Kathleen Kelly: They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?

Kathleen Kelly: God, I didn't, I didn't realize. I didn't, I didn't know.
Joe Fox: [finishing the sentence] who you were with?
[bad Italian accent]
Joe Fox: I didn't know who you were with.
Kathleen Kelly: Excuse me?
Joe Fox: It's from The Godfather.
[small laugh]
Joe Fox: Sorry, it's from The Godfather. It's, when the, ah, movie producer realizes that Tom Hagen is an emissary of Vito Corleone. It's just before the horse's head ends up in the bed all the bloody sheets, you know, wakes up, and it's
[imitates horrified scream]
Joe Fox: ah. AaHH. AAAHH. AAHHHH. AAHHH.
[pauses seeing that this is not having any effect on Kathleen]
Joe Fox: Never mind.


Joe Fox: Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do. Although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them.

Kathleen Kelly: What is THAT? What ARE you doing? You're taking all the caviar? That caviar is a garnish.
Matthew Fox: F-O-X
Kathleen Kelly: That is amazing - you can spell 'fox'? Can you spell 'dog'?
Matthew Fox: F-O-X

Frank Navasky: Joe Fox?
Joe Fox: F-O-X
Frank Navasky: The inventor of the superstore, of course. The enemy of the mid-list novel, the destroyer of 'City Books'. Tell me, how do you sleep at night?
Patricia Eden: Ah. I use a wonderful, over the counter drug - 'Ultradorm'. Don't that the whole thing, just half, and you will wake up without even the tiniest hangover.


Joe Fox: [while in Kathleens store buy books for his Brother and Aunt] May i ask who you are...?
Kathleen Kelly: [not realising that Joe is the owner of Fox Books that she is about to belittle] I'm Kathleen Kelly and this is my store... and you are?
Joe Fox: [now in full realisation that she does'nt know who he is, wanting to get out as fast as he can] Joe... Just call me Joe... I'll take these books...

Kathleen Kelly: [in an email to Joe Fox] The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

j'adore la dernière, elle est très belle... sur les nothings